Discontinuance of older versions of SciFinder Scholar (SciFinder Scholar 2004) Thursday, 9 March 2006 1:48 amPosted by Dongmei in chemistry, databases, Library Resources.
As the main contact person for SciFinder Scholar, I was informed that CAS’s records indicate that several of our SFS users have yet to upgrade to SFS 2006.
On March 31, 2006, CAS will discontinue access to older versions (as I warned you all in a previous email that I sent out in Nov. 2005, at that time, the date was still TBA). Please upgrade to SciFinder Scholar 2006 as soon as possible.
1. For your convenience, I have uploaded all the installation files to our library’s server (with an installation help sheet), along with pdf guides to help you get started with the SciFinder scholar 2006 version.
check out How to Install SciFinder Scholar 2006 for Windows (98/2000/XP/Me/NT4.0).
2. For your Mac users, there’s a Mac OS X version, for your convenience, I’ve created a simple zipped .app file for your to download and install, follow this link How to Install SciFinder Scholar for Mac OS X
3. For help with searching the database, check out these two pdf documents:
Getting Started with SciFinder Scholar for Mac OS X (new!): a 14-page pdf document to help you with the Mac OS X version
Getting Started with SciFinder 2006 (for Windows) (new!): a 14-page pdf file to help you jump start on SciFinder Scholar 2006
4. All these pages and tutorials are linked on the SciFinder Scholar 2006 & SciFinder Scholar for Mac OS X and on the SciFinder Scholar Gateway page (http://www.cofc.edu/~library/sfs.html) that I created and will continue to update.
5. For security reasons and licensing agreement issues, all the installation files (and all the help/tutorial/gateway pages that I created) are now hosted on the library’s secure server (not in my www folder anymore). Please update your links if you link to my previous SciFinder Scholar Gateway page (http://www.cofc.edu/~cao/sfs.html).