newer version of SciFinder Scholar for Mac OS X users Tuesday, 11 July 2006 4:27 pmPosted by Dongmei in chemistry, database features, databases.
That is: SciFinder Scholar 2006!
So now, you Mac users can enjoy these new, powerful features too:
- Structure Similarity Searching
- New structure and reaction query tools: Variable Attachment Position tool and Repeating Group tool
- Easy access to additional reaction information
- Enhanced multi-step reaction display
- New quick look-up of research references
- Duplicate detection/removal…and much more!
Yesterday I spent the day testing this new version, it works just fine. I generated an archive file of the application package and loaded on the library server (I tested this installation file too, it works well. It’s been a while since the release of last version of SciFinder Scholar for Mac OS X, I almost forgot how to use a Mac!). I also created a “how to install” page (How to Install SciFinder Scholar 2006 for Mac OS X) for you to follow along, and added links to the SciFinder Scholar Gateway Page and SciFinder Scholar 2006 Page that I created a while back.
As far as tutorial goes, there’s a 13 page pdf document to help you, Getting Started with SciFinder Scholar 2006 for Mac OS X (linked on the SciFinder Scholar Gateway Page and SciFinder Scholar 2006 Page).
You may also wish to go to http://www.cas.org/SCIFINDER/SCHOLAR/scholwhatsnew.html to view examples that will show you the latest SciFinder Scholar 2006 features.