a few useful chemistry resources from the open Web Saturday, 9 December 2006 6:05 pmPosted by Dongmei in chemistry.
- The Carcinogenic Potency Database created by Bruce Ames and coworkers gathers data from over 6,000 animal tests on the carcinogenicity of 1485 compounds.
- Synthetic Pages is a wiki-like database of organic and inorganic synthetic reactions that reads like a journal but with more informal commentary. http://www.syntheticpages.org
- Membrane Protein Data Bank adds data from articles to data from the Protein Databank.
- BMRB: Biological Magnetic Resonance Bank is an NMR data repository for proteins, peptides, and nucleic acids.
- Designed to promote drug discovery, the publicly accessible Binding Database contains binding affinities of over 19,000 biomolecular drug targets.
(from the latest “Beyond the Chemistry Web … ” column by Bob Buchanan in the SLA Chemistry Division E-Newsletter, 21 (2), Oct.-Dec. 2006)