SciFinder Web version Thursday, 29 January 2009 8:26 pmPosted by Dongmei in chemistry, databases.
Tags: chemistry, databases, SciFinder_Web_version
It’s finally here at College of Charleston, are you excited? From now on you don’t need to install the client software any more.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Register for a user name and password using SciFinder Registration first before you use this new Web version!
Note: Use the following link to find out How to Register to Use SciFinder: http://library.cofc.edu/scholar/HowToRegisterToUseSciFinder.pdf.
Only people with CofC email can create a user name and password.
2. SciFinder Web Version (use the user name and password that you registered to log in)
The client version will cease to work on Apr. 17, 2009. So try out the Web version now.
(The links are on the library databases page underneath the old SciFinder Scholar (library only) link. It’s also on the Chem Libguide)
Besides all the features that you love in the client version, CAS promises that the Web version has more features you will become to love and is easy to use.
CHEMnetBASE trial Thursday, 29 January 2009 7:50 pmPosted by Dongmei in chemistry, databases.
Tags: chemistry, CHEMnetBase, databases, reference, trial
add a comment
We have this chemistry reference database on trial right now. It includes the following chemistry resources:
- Combined Chemical Dictionary (CCD)
- Dictionary of Commonly Cited Compounds (also included in CCD)
- Dictionary of Drugs (Formerly Pharmasource; also included in CCD)
- Dictionary of Inorganic and Organometallic Compounds (also included in CCD)
- Dictionary of Natural Products (also included in CCD)
- Dictionary of Organic Compounds (also included in CCD)
- The Handbook of Chemistry & Physics (NEW EDITION!)
- Polymers: A Property Database
- Properties of Organic Compounds
- Dictionary of Marine Natural Products (NEW!)
- Dictionary of Food Compounds (NEW!)
- Dictionary of Carbohydrates
If you’d like to try this online resource out, go to our trial databases (demos) page (http://library.cofc.edu/search_collection/demo.php) to get the user name and password for the trial. The trial ends February 11, 2009.